Last year we showed how a fire sprinkler system saved a building. Now we’ll show a fire alarm system that paid for itself. Around 4 AM on Sunday morning, New Melle units were dispatched to a fire alarm sounding at a house used by a local company for employee retreats. When our full-time crew arrived, they found smoke coming from the house and fire in the wet bar area. The fire was quickly extinguished before it could spread. An ice machine had malfunctioned and started the fire. Nobody was at the house, so if it wasn’t for the alarm system, the fire would have spread unchecked and consumed the building before anyone even noticed it.