What you see here is a fire sprinkler system that just paid for itself many times over. Just before 1 a.m. on Wednesday morning, a fire started on the bottom shelf of a storage rack in the kitchen at Fireside Bar and Grill. It started burning up the rack until the nearest sprinkler head activated and contained the fire. It doesn’t look too impressive here (the picture was taken as we were shutting off the water), but since it was 1 a.m. and the whole strip mall was completely unoccupied, that one sprinkler saved the entire business and probably the adjacent businesses too. They had to replace their stock and clean up water, but they were only closed for one day! That is why we strongly encourage fire sprinklers not only in businesses, but your own homes as well!